Tuesday 1 March 2011

Kurt Cobain

Sometimes I have days where I'm feeling tedious and deicide to look up something, and recently it's all been people who have influenced the world but have been really ill or taken drugs and been brilliant actors or musicians and then died horribly. 

Firstly I googled Heath Ledger, then John Lennon and now Kurt Cobain, and it's weird knowing people still talk about them today and they died so long ago... Well Heath Ledger is an exception. And I'll probably start becoming obsessed with Elvis now.


It's only because I wasn't even born when Kurt Cobain died, and I've heard a couple of his songs before obviously, in English last year we were doing Moulin Rouge for our media essay and their song 'Smells Like Teen Spirt' was in one of the dancing scenes
So, apart from general observation from people, like Kyle ranting about him on one of his nexusone videos, I don't know anything at all.

And I'M RANTING TOO, but basically, he wrote journals about his life and it's astounding. My journals and blogs are no where near as in depth and honest as his. You can tell by the scribbles and crossed out words he's literally writing straight onto the paper with so much emotion. Wow I'm such a damp squib. 

These are my favourite parts of his journal. I feel a little bit bad reading it, because it is so private, but I have so much respect for him, especially after reading about his struggle with pot and how it ruined his memory. 




No comments: